Children 2 1/2 - 4 years of age
Teddy Bears: Mon/Wed/Fri 8:45am - 11:45am
Sunshines: Tues/Thurs 8:45am-11:45am
Children who attend 5 days a week are registered in both the Teddy Bears and Sunshines classes.
The Teddy Bear and Sunshine classes are structured for children between 2 1/2 and 4 years. The curriculum integrates skills from all learning domains: social and emotional, cognitive, language, and fine/gross motor with strong emphasis on group and social learning. Children are slowly introduced to the classroom and our learning centers. They spend time getting to know our teachers and their classmates through song and play. Teachers introduce routines that help guide and engage the students and create predictability to the day.
In particular, the curriculum is focused on:
• Encouraging autonomy and independance as they learn to successfully separate from their parents.
• Implementing socialization skills with peers and teachers.
• Providing a safe and nurturing atmosphere where children can actively engage their minds and bodies in the learning process.
• Fostering a sense of music, song and movement to help build language and encourage personal expression.
• Increasing color and shape recognition.
• Beginning counting skills.
• Developing an awareness of alphabet and numbers.